kiwis on route 66
The B team (Jim Diamond) replaced a bad spark plug in the Jeepster. Lanny ready to hit the Indy 500 and take on all comers.
No military vehicles on the trailer, no spanner work. Grizz ripped up a fan belt, and Hospice Inc. made some more dough.
Police escorts becoming embarrassing, up to 20 cruisers at a time screaming past us shutting down intersections, makes you wonder if they are trying to run us out of town. Wet rainy day reminded us of home, 100's of people lining the streets with brollies waving US flags honouring their veterans.
Tomorrow is a rest day. We have a list of issues to be dealt with:
1. The Commanding Officer of the convoy wants his steering knuckle looked at.
2. Frank driving another wants brake light looked at and vacuum wipers fixed.
3. John G wants his starter motor swapped out.
4. The Medical Officer driving an M37 + trailer wants an oil leak attended to.
5. One of the younger ladies in the convoy has a clothing strap that needs adjusting. There has been no shortage of Deputy's offering assistance to help us with this issue.
6. Last but not least Weaner the camp Jack Russell, and veteran of four convoys has requested we give him a bath with all the extras.
Peter, Grizz and Paul.